Friday, May 29, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Baby massage is a fun and rewarding experience as we’ll show below, and can be very helpful too in keeping your baby’s health in top shape. The Blissful Baby Box is an ideal starter kit for new parents, so either treat yourself to one, or nudge your friends into buying it as a present for you.
So here are the top five facts and tips for massaging your baby.
1) Bonding – One of the best ways to bond with your baby is through skin-to-skin contact, so massaging your baby can be the best way to bond with them. It also allows your partner to be involved, so fathers can join in and help out too and not feel left out during the bonding process.
2) Massaging helps out a lot – Not only will massaging with Baby Massage Oil help keep their skin clean and fresh, it also helps out with their digestive system, lets them relax, improves their skin condition and blood circulation system, and their immune system too. It can also relieve teething pains too! And massaging allows you to learn your baby’s moods and particular idiosyncrasies, so you’ll be able to tell what kind of mood your baby is in a lot faster. So there are definite benefits to massaging your baby!
3) It builds self-esteem – If you’re feeling low after giving birth, then massaging your baby can help out as it allows you to gain self-esteem by building trust and communication between you and your baby, as well as gaining a new skill for helping to care for your baby. This can help you regain your self-esteem and become confident in yourself again.
4) Make it regular – Babies both appreciate and need a regular routine, so make sure that you massage them at a set time, for example, after their evening bath but before bedtime. You can use the Top to Toe Wash from the Blissful Baby Box. This all over wash contains lavender water, calendula and aloe-vera and can be used before a lovely massage to help baby go to sleep and sleep better This could help both of you relax and unwind after a stressful day and get better quality sleep.
5) Enjoy it! – This tip may seem daft, but remember that you’re doing this massage to bond with your baby. Both you and your baby should enjoy it and see it as something fun to do and not a chore. If it does start to feel like a chore, then ask your partner to take over for a few days whilst you take some time off to relax and rest up. Remember to enjoy yourself and your bonding time with your baby.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Lansinoh Lanolin was recently awarded the British Allergy Foundation Seal of Approval after a recent trial conducted amongst a lanolin sensitive population showed that Lansinoh Lanolin provoked 0% allergic reaction in subjects.
Online breastfeeding clothes and accessories retailer, Everyday Maternity, has stocked Lansinoh Lanolin, which has proved to be one of its more successful products since being stocked nearly two years ago. Director Amanda Gregson said of Lansinoh Lanolin, “We find that new mums add a tube of Lansinoh Lanolin to their order when purchasing their nursing clothes, and often come back and buy additional tubes a few months later. It is a word of mouth product - their friends who have already had babies will recommend the product, so this is why they buy it.”
Studies suggest that up to 90% of breastfeeding women suffer nipple soreness, and that this is one of the most common reasons for giving up breastfeeding. The preferred treatment for sore and cracked nipples is moist wound healing, in conjunction with help to address the cause of the condition.
Lanolin provides an ideal moist wound healing environment, but there are concerns relating to allergic reactions to some grades of lanolin. However, Lansinoh Lanolin has proved that it doesn’t provoke an allergic reaction amongst users. Lansinoh Lanolin cream is also used in 90% of all UK hospitals to help wounds heal quicker.
Lansinoh Lanolin contains no preservatives, no antioxidants, no water, no chemicals and no perfume. Mothers can be confident in the knowledge that Lansinoh Lanolin does not need to be removed before breastfeeding, and is safe for both mother and baby.
Everyday Maternity is currently supporting National Breastfeeding Awareness Week (running from the 10th - 16th May) by offering free delivery on all Lansinoh products until the end of the month.